Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My first flowers

I am so proud of myself: my flowers are blooming! At last!

My main pride is pelargonium (pelargonia or geranium). I’ve grown it from seeds that I brought last year. I sowed them in April, found the first bud few days ago and yesterday it opened.



Tradescantia is another currently flowering plant. It has small pink flowers and dark violet leaves. At first, I kept it indoors. Then, I decided to try its survivability and moved it outside to my balcony. Just within one weeks leaves thickened and leaves got covered with woolly hairs. The conclusion is obvious – it grows better outdoors.



And finally, my succulents. They have been my favorites for many years. I love them because they do not need a lot of attention. And my current location provides them with so needed light, sun and air.



No comments:

Post a Comment