Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Crows in Alexandria?!


For the past week I have been hearing crow cawing. The fact that crows were also present here was a revelation to me. Ever since we moved to Egypt three months ago and settled down in our apartment, I hadn’t seen or heard a crow. Back home in my native northern town, crows were inseparable part of landscape. They were particularly active in autumn when rains and winds wash down most of leaves. They were also very much visible during mild periods of winter. But to see a crow in Africa – that was something  I’ve done some research and I found that the origin of crows is Asia and they spread out into North America, Africa, Europe, and Australia. They can live on all temperate continents (except South America).

No comments:

Post a Comment